Creating a positive culture with the right people for this prestigious Birmingham-based castings business.
What we did
- Clear job specifications, responsibilities and expectation established for every role
- Training of managers to deliver effective feedback and one-to-ones to drive performance
- Absenteeism, performance management and return to work policies and procedures introduced that follow best practice
- Support on mental health and wellbeing particular during Covid
- Behaviour profiling introduced to recruit the right people and foster better team working
- Restructure undertaken to get the right people in the right roles, following a fully compliant approach
Retention & Exit
JeweCast is a jewellery precious metal castings company in the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter. Karen Murphy, its Director, makes it clear about why JewelCast is special and the implication for its people, “Our uniqueness is its quality and service. This means that the right people for our business need to care about the customer and have a passion for what they do.”
Wright People became JewelCast’s outcourced HR partner to introduce a new approach to HR across the business that would sustain its culture by continuing to attract, retain and grow the right people – one which would continue to differentiate the business for future success.
“The HR support they offer has been invaluable to me and the team here at JewelCast”
As well as supporting JewelCast with day to day HR issues, and creating a new set of HR policies and procedures for them to reflect the company’s culture, Covid provided an additional challenge with the need to manage staffing levels and maintain motivation amongst the team during this challenging period.
Karen Murphy offers praise, “We have been using Wright People for over 4 years now. The HR support they offer has been invaluable to me and the team here at JewelCast. We have faced many challenges over the last 12 months and could not have got through them without Helen and the team.”