Multiple HR challenges during a period of transformation at On Logistics.
- TUPE management of staff transferring out of the business from its Fulfilment Division
- TUPE management of personal transferring into On Logistic's Aerospace Division
- Complete review of policies, procedures and documentation. to reflect best practice
- Recruitment of new key personnel - job descriptions, job adverts, sourcing, screening, psychometric testing and interviewing.
- Joined the senior management team to reflect the importance of HR in the business.
- Behaviour profiling introduced to recruitment and existing staff - to bring in and develop the right people
Retention & Exit
On Logistics has gone through tremendous change over the last 2 years, with Wright People supporting them every step of the way with its people. Nick Bennett, MD explains the situation best, “We made a strategic decision to take our business in a different direction. We knew that getting the right people that fitted our new ethos and objectives would be a massive undertaking – and that’s why we brought in Wright People.”
Onlogistics wanted to expand its aerospace and transport divisions, and move out of fulfilment. That meant the complex TUPE transfer of personnel (moving in and moving out of the business) along with recruitment of new personnel.
“With Wright People HR we have not only evolved as an employer, but also a supplier and business.”
With TUPE, we designed and implemented in such a way that it delivered the best outcomes for Onlogistics, its staff and the businesses that staff were being transferred to and from, taking away the stress for everyone concerned. Recruitment started by a thorough understanding of the right people required for the new roles, introducing Psychometric testing to the process at Onlogistics for the first time.
Nick confirms the positive impact, “Working with Wright People, they have transformed our HR department. With their explicit support covering HR Governance, People Engagement and Continuous Improvement we have not only evolved as an employer, but also a supplier and business.”