How OnLogistics Found Success Through
What They Said
“Like many other businesses of our size, HR was reactive. We didn’t have the correct level of employee focus from onboarding to exit and, when we had a HR problem, a lack of skills to deal with matters professionally, often meant we were making situations worse.”
Want to chat to a Consultant? Get In Touch
Consultants to help your business scale
Why Wright People HR?
“Having identified a need for professional HR in On Logistics, it was important that we engaged with a HR Partner that not only understood HR compliance and current legislation, but also the mechanics of running a business – that balanced both our people and commercial requirements. Wright People HR were the perfect fit.”
“Having initially engaged one of the big HR call centre operators, they weren’t helping us to address the root cause of our problems. We needed someone on-site to be an integral part of our team who understood our business inside-out”
With new customer contracts on the horizon, offering the prospect of growth, the team at On Logistics had no experience of the TUPE transfer process, what this would involve, and the delicate negotiations around the transfer of staff. The extra headcount was starting to bring headaches rather opportunities.
- The new HR compliance measures (including employment contracts and up to date policies and procedures) protects OnLogistics across the board and have built trust with employees
- New recruitment and onboarding methods have resulted in higher calibre people being sourced from a more diverse talent pool and, with new additions to the senior team, people are being managed better, receiving the attention they deserve.
- Staff retention is in a much better place with progression routes for everyone and performance bonuses now put in place.
- Employees and customers feel that OnLogistics care with HR now a serious component in the business.
- We’ve supported OnLogistics to navigate two periods of TUPE transfer requiring delicate negotiations with new members of staff.
- We have helped OnLogistics develop its culture reflecting the diversity of their employees, through equality and diversity and unconscious bias training
- When things do go wrong and difficult situations arise, OnLogistics have support on hand and the peace of mind that comes with that
- Recruitment costs have been cut hugely with higher staff retention and new recruitment methods that reduce their dependency on agencies and their associated costs.
- OnLogistics have witnessed a significant slow-down of employee friction because they are engaging properly with their people from induction and throughout employment.
- The methods we have introduced at OnLogistics have boosted their level of engagement and productivity with the team, which is important given their dispersed workforce across 5 sites and within customer’s premises
- We have helped OnLogistics scale from 2 sites to 5 sites with 17 new team members, without the extra stresses and strains that adding a significant number of new people can usually cause.
- OnLogistics view Wright People HR as an essential part of the team, enabling the business to scale and achieve its business goals.